Everyone dreams of having an ideal career that will help them grow and earn good. But how many people really get that chance? According to a research done by NBC news, as many as 50% people are not sure about the college degree majors.
India is country that has a very diverse and rather different educational system.
The process of choosing apt career options for students is many a times influenced by the social and peer pressure and expectations. Learners are also often influenced by the social trends in education sector and often end up pursuing something that they might not be passionate about.
It is said that there are mainly two reasons for this:
• Many people are confused about their professional goal in life.
• And it so happens that they take longer than usual to decide or to find the right course of life. So they follow the trend and go ahead in choosing a career path that is highly profitable and gives them ample of chances to climb the professional ladder.
• Many times there is peer pressure on the learner.
• Parents relative expect the learner to acquire a specific set of skills and education to maintain the social status and lifestyle. According to opinions of such people, it is necessary to take such education to lead a social life that is ideal and can pay off very well in the future in facets like a ‘so-called’ good career, a satisfied personal life and comfortable retirement. Approximately 35% students pursue the degree their parents wish for them to have.
But there are different methods to find a way out of this. Here is golden median for the dilemmas stated above.
• In the first situation, approximately 15% students realise their right career after they have acquired their basic graduation.
• In India, barring a few exceptions, a graduation degree is enough to pursue any Master’s course in any field.
• E.g. a Science graduate can easily pursue an MBA in sales and marketing although he does not have background of commerce. Aptitude tests and counseling sessions in choosing the right career path also come to the help of that person. The Indian Education System also aids this and allows a person to change his/her career path after Graduation.
In the second situation, similar solution can work. A person can pursue the education of his/her choice after the graduation. He /She can also get a good job and a fruitful career growth opportunity in this case.
• How can one make this work?
• Pursuing higher education can sometimes prove time-consuming. Many people are not able to spare the time for pursuing higher education right after graduation.
• Online Education is the perfect solution for them in this case.
• Pursuing post graduation courses online can always give you an advantage of studying along with pursuing a job.
• uts offers 100% Online Masters, Post-Graduate & Under-Graduate Diplomas and Degree Programmes in Management and technical courses. These programmes provide strong, author-backed and quality content in the forms of course-ware and e-library.
• It is not necessary that when you lose the first opportunity of acquiring you desired education, you will not get another one. In fact, you can make the best of all the other opportunities you can get even when you have not pursued the education you had wished to acquire.